Classes for parents with babies at Place Maillardville
Baby’s First Year at Coquitlam’s Place Maillardville community centre boasts a line-up of expert guest speakers for its free drop-in program for moms, dads and grandparents with babies up to 12 months of age.
Community partners such as the city of Port Moody, Fraser Health, La Leche League Coquitlam and the Simon Fraser Society for Community Living provide their know-how and support free of charge to the group.
Upcoming talks and topics are:
• April 29: Sheila Dabecki, Port Moody recreation, mommy and me yoga;
• May 6: Christine Baron, Christine Baron Law Corp. on wills and estates;
• May 13: Cheri Steele, Jump Start Music and Movement, on music and movement;
• May 20: Erin Newell and Amber Strocel, La Leche League, on breastfeeding and weaning;
• May 27: Linda Moon, Fraser Health, on dental health;
• June 3: Barbara Desmarais, life and parenting coach, on American Sign Language for babies;
• June 10: Kim Wartak, Simon Fraser Society for Community Living, on infant development;
• June 17: Nadia Brigden, Baby’s World, on toys that stimulate;
• June 24: Jill McCulloch, Safe and Sound First Aid, on first aid for babies.
No registration required. The program offers information, conversation and support, and runs every Friday between April 8 and June 24 from 1:45 to 3:15 p.m. in the community centre’s Heritage Room.
This program is made possible through the support of the United Way of the Lower Mainland.