Newcomers to Canada can get employment help at Fox library
Are you a newcomer to Canada? Are you interested in connecting your skills to the Canadian workplace?
Immigrant Services Society of BC (ISSBC) and Port Coquitlam’s Terry Fox Library are hosting a session next week on Skills Connect for Immigrants.
You may qualify for this free program if you:
• have been in Canada for less than five years and are a permanent resident;
• are unemployed or underemployed (working outside of your field or at a lower level);
• are eager to learn and motivated to build your career in Canada;
• have a clear and reasonable job target;
• can speak at an intermediate to advanced level of English;
At a session Tuesday, June 21, you can learn about Skills Connect, an initiative by ISSBC that helps ease the transition of skilled immigrants into the Canadian workforce by connecting them with industry-specific skills training, credential evaluation and job search services. The presentation runs from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., with screening from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The session will be facilitated by Jonathan Lowe, assistant manager, and Seann Sinclaire, employment counsellor.
To register, call Anna Shultz or Arnold Juan at 604-684-2561, Ext. 2123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.