Baby talk on health and sleep
Baby’s First Year continues its a popular program at Coquitlam’s Place Maillardville community centre, offering information for parents of newborns.
No registration is required for this free, drop-in program for moms, dads and grandparents with children up to 12 months of age.
The program offers information, conversation and support, and runs every Friday from 1:45 to 3:15 p.m.
The November and December roster of guest speakers includes a variety of community partners, including:
• Nov. 4: Jill A. Scott, naturopath, Port Moody Integrated Health, on “Taking Care of Mom;”
• Nov. 18: Patty Bojczuk, infant sleep consultant, on sleep;
• Nov. 25: Rae Ingram, child care resource and referral, on child care;
• Dec. 2: Kimberley Lowes, BCAA, on car seat education;
• Dec. 9: children’s programmer, Coquitlam Public Library (Poirier branch), on storytime with babies;
• Dec. 16: Marnie Tocheniuk, physical therapist, on injuries and treatments.
For more information, visit www.placemaillardville.ca. Place Maillardville is located at 1200 Cartier Ave. in Coquitlam.