Parents, learn about babies at Place Maillardville
If you have a baby, you know there’s plenty to learn.
That’s where Baby’s First Year comes in. It’s a free drop-in program at Coquitlam’s Place Maillardville community centre for expectant parents, parents, grandparents and/or guardians and their babies from newborns up to 12 months. It takes place every Friday from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
The remainder of the fall sessions include the following topics:
• Nov. 2: Mihala Oala, Simon Fraser Society for Community Living on infant development;
• Nov 9: Jill Scott, naturopath from Port Moody Integrated Health, on naturopathic medicine;
• Nov. 16: Nareeta Stephenson, Strawberries and Sunshine Healing Centre, on chiropractic care;
• Nov. 23: Kimberley Lowes, BCAA Child Safety and Passenger Program, on car seat education;
• Nov. 30: Elizabeth Esposito, registered massage therapist, on massage therapy;
• Dec. 14: Dawn Whittaker, infant sleep consultant, on infant sleep.
Baby’s First Year at Place Maillardville is supported by United Way of the Lower Mainland and B.C.’s Ministry for Children and Family Services.