New immigrants can connect skills to jobs Nov. 27 in PoCo
Are you a newcomer to Canada? Are you interested in connecting your skills to the Canadian workplace?
Immigrant Services Society of BC (ISSBC) and Port Coquitlam’s Terry Fox Library are hosting a session next Tuesday on Skills Connect for Immigrants.
You may qualify for the program — to be held next Tuesday, Nov. 27 — if you:
• have been in Canada for less than five years and are a permanent resident;
• are unemployed or underemployed (working outside of your field or at a lower level);
• are eager to learn and motivated to build your career in Canada;
• have a clear and reasonable job target;
• can speak at an intermediate to advanced level of English;
At a session, facilitated by employment counsellor Anna Shultz, you can learn about Skills Connect, an initiative by ISSBC that helps ease the transition of skilled immigrants into the Canadian workforce by connecting them with industry-specific skills training, credential evaluation and job search services. The presentation and screening run from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
To register, call 604-684-2561, Ext. 2123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terry Fox Library is located at 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in Port Coquitlam.