CHRISTMAS LIGHT LIST
View CHRISTMAS LIGHT LIST in a larger map
As we have have in previous years, The Tri-City News is printing a list of large light displays in the Tri-Cities for Christmas.
To add your home to The Tri-City News' list, send your name and address along with details of your display (how many lights, special displays, hours of operation and any charities for which you’re collecting) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 2988 Forestridge Pl: The Bilesky family display features thousands of festive lights; the rooftop is aglow with Santa waving from the chimney as well as a herd of reindeers grazing peacefully while the yard is alive with many Christmas figurines, and there is a life-size Santa with which visitors can take a photo. Donations are collected for Variety, The Children's Charity. Lights are on daily until Jan. 5, 6 to 10 p.m.
• Cable Court: All 20 houses on this cul-de-sac are decorated for Christmas. Open daily from 5 to 10 p.m.
• 669 Folsom St.: Diane Wagner presents Candyland and the Gingerbread Clan window display, open 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. daily.
• 646 Claremont St.: See a complete nativity with baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph, shepherds and the three wise men; lights set to music; Santa and Mrs. Claus plus reindeer, Christmas trees and more — more than 7,000 lights (go up the driveway for the best view). Display is on daily from 5 to 10 p.m. Donations are accepted for the Knights of Columbus Charities.
• 1417 Garibaldi Pl.: John and Trudy invite you to enjoy a yard decorated with more than 100 hand-painted displays and 4,000 lights. Two themes: Traditional Christmas with nativity scene, wise men, shepherds and sheep; and Contemporary Christmas, with Santa, reindeer, toy trains, nutcrackers and snow castles. Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
• 927 Lillian St.: Pretty display of thousands of twinkling lights, with snowmen, toy soldier, candy canes, Santa, penguins, polar bears, angel,horse and carriage, presents and trees, snowflakes, etc. Open daily through Jan. 3, 4:30 to 11 p.m.
• 678 Folsom St.: The Magic of Lights lives here, where thousands visit each year. Display includes roof-top graphic display screen, 27 feet wide with 22,000 LED lights; planters have large wire framed trees that show the magic of lights;. Santa and his train, Santa herding reindeer moving thought the air — 50,000 plus lights programmed, twinkling and dancing moving in patterns; all controlled hundreds of microprocessors and computers; 36 panel displays and more. To check it out online, go to www.youtu.be/E90gVALl-Ms.
• 545 Sunset Ave.: There are 12,500 lights and the boulevard with 2,000 lights dances to favourite Christmas carols. Open daily through Jan. 1, 5:30 to 10 p.m.
• 1260 Fletcher Way: More than 25,000 lights, with Santa and Mrs. Claus in the yard and Santa's workshop, busy elves, friendly polar bears and up on the roof, Santa's sleigh and Rudolph waiting patiently. Christmas music and twinkling lights and lots to look at make this display fun for all ages. Open daily through Jan. 7, 5 to 10:30 p.m. Collecting donations for the Empty Stocking Fund.
• 3313 Rae St.: More than 100,000 lights plus ground displays synchronized to music. Lights will be on daily from 5 to 10 p.m. and contributions to the food bank will be gratefully accepted.