SENIORS: Check out Tri-City seniors' groups
• Dogwood Songsters meet every Monday, 9:30 a.m.-noon, Dogwood Pavilion; group also visits and entertains at seniors’ facilities weekly. If you love to sing, you can join. Info: 778-285-4873 or 604-464-2252.
• Silver Chord Choir, for those over 50, meets Mondays, 3-5 p.m., Wilson Centre, PoCo; if you love to sing and have fun, you can join – no auditions. The choir, which has been going for 43 years, sings twice a month at seniors’ residences in the Tri-Cities and at other events. Info: Teresa, 604-942-5144 or Ann, 604-464-5580.
• New Age Seniors bingo every Friday, 1 p.m., Mike Butler Room, Dogwood Pavilion, 624 Poirier St., Coquitlam; consists of 15 games (5 cents per card). New players welcome. Info: Betty, 604-936-6300.
• New Age Seniors (Branch 108 BCOAPO) meet the first Wednesday of every month, 1 p.m., Centennial Room, Dogwood Pavilion, 624 Poirier St., Coquitlam. Info: Catherine, 604-937-7537.
• Glen Pine 50Plus group plays bridge Mondays, 12:45-3:30 p.m., Tuesdays, 9:30-11:45 a.m. at Glen Pine Pavilion, 1200 Glen Pine Crt., Coquitlam. New members welcome. Info: 604-927-6940.
• WHO (Women Helping Others), for women who are on their own, meets Mondays, 1-3 p.m., Glen Pine Pavilion, 1200 Glen Pine Crt., Coquitlam (behind city hall). Info: Kay, 604-469-5815.
• Monthly seniors luncheon with Jewish entertainment, Burquest Jewish Community Centre, 2680 Dewdney Trunk Rd. Coquitlam. Info: 604-552-7221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ABCs of Fraud, a consumer fraud prevention program for seniors, by seniors, gives free one-hour presentations to seniors groups of 10 or more. Info: 604-437-1940 or email@example.com.
• Honeycombs, a group of people over 50 who entertain with song, dance and skits, meets Thursdays, 1 p.m., at Wilson Centre, PoCo. Performers plus prop, sound and stage hands needed. Info or show bookings: Frances, 604-941-1745.