SMART MONTY: RRSP and tax tips from CAs
Tax season is beginning and that means British Columbians are trying to make sense of tax changes and how to handle their RRSPs.
To help, the Chartered Accountants of BC have put together a list of handy RRSP and tax tips. This annual tip list is based on the latest RRSP and tax information.
This year’s tips fall under the following 12 categories:
• What’s New for the 2012 Tax Year?
• RRSP Matters
• Investment Income, Gains and Losses
• Employment Income, Deductions and Credits
• Rest Estate Matters
• Students and Education
• Family Matters
• Tax Matters for the Incorporated and Self-Employed
• Medical, Donation, and Other Tax Credits
• Special Savings Plans
• Filing Matters.
The RRSP and tax tips are available at www.rrspandtaxtips.com.