News

Towel causes blaze in Coquitlam

More than $30,000 damage was done to an apartment on Howie Avenue last week after fire broke out because a towel was left on a lamp - TRI-CITY NEWS FILE PHOTO
More than $30,000 damage was done to an apartment on Howie Avenue last week after fire broke out because a towel was left on a lamp
— image credit: TRI-CITY NEWS FILE PHOTO

More than $30,000 damage was done to an apartment on Howie Avenue last week after fire broke out because a towel was left on a lamp.

Coquitlam fire crews responded to the blaze at around dinner time last Wednesday and were able to contain the flames to one bedroom of the third-storey unit.

“Initial reports was that it was a towel left on top of a lamp,” Delmonico said. “The resident was not home at the time.”

Despite firefighters’ ability to contain the blaze to the one unit, there was extensive smoke damage in the surrounding units.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

gmckenna@tricitynews.com

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Park app can help lost hikers
 
If it’s too cold for trash, they’ll wait
 
ELECTION 2014: Nominations close Friday, first slate for Coquitlam
Local charity joins fight against Ebola
 
Security stepped up in B.C. after attacks in Ottawa
 
University Is Free In Germany. Should Canada Copy and Paste?
Next NDP candidate in Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows won’t be a straight, white man
 
Income tax season breeds new scam, police warn
 
Election 2014: South Surrey ‘family group’ targets pro-gay policy

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 22 edition online now. Browse the archives.