- BC Games
Registration opens for Christmas hampers
Share Family and Community Services is taking registrations starting today (Wednesday) for Tri-Cities families and individuals for the 2011 Christmas Hampers and Toys. Applicants must register in person at one location and must have with them:
• one piece of current ID;
• proof of address (such as a rental agreement);
• a recent utility bill for all persons over 18 years old;
• Care Card and/or immigration cards for each member of the family;
• proof of income source (such as a cheque stub from MHR, EI, CPP/OAS).
Registration runs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (except Nov. 11) in:
• Coquitlam, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the fellowship hall at Como Lake United Church, 535 Marmont St. (also no registration on Nov. 18).
• Port Coquitlam, noon to 2 p.m. at Trinity United Church, 2211 Prairie Ave.
• and Port Moody, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 2614 St. Johns St. (across the alley from the Share food bank).
After Dec. 2 registrations will continue at the Port Moody location only.
Share urges families to register at one location only and to register early. For more information, visit www.sharesociety.ca or call the food bank at 604-931-2451.