- BC Games
PoCo man charged in child porn bust
A Port Coquitlam man is facing charges of possessing and distributing child pornography after police executed a search warrant at his Lincoln Avenue home.
Fabrice Delmars turned himself in without incident and has been released on his own recognizance ahead of a January court hearing, at which a trial date is expected to be set.
The 30-year-old was arrested after an investigation that began in Toronto identified an online user possessing and making available child pornography images.
“It was through an undercover online operation,” said Cpl. Mathias Van Laer of the Integrated Child Exploitation unit. “All we can really share is that there was a police officer online and it was covert.”
Police were able to track the user to a home in Port Coquitlam, where Delmars reportedly resides in a basement suite. A search warrant was executed last June and police laid the charges in October.
Van Laer said the accused is the only person who was arrested during the course of the investigation and the report is not part of a larger program or project targeting online child pornography.
He added that so far, Delmars, who is employed as a warehouse dock worker, has co-operated with police.
The accused will next appear in Port Coquitlam provincial court on Jan. 12, 2012.