- BC Games
Principals shuffled at SD43
With a new year come new faces in principals’ offices at Tri-City Public schools. The following School District 43 appointments will be made effective Jan. 30:
• Shirly Bawa, principal of Riverview Park elementary, becomes principal at Pinetree Way.
• Heathear Birnie, acting principal at Pleasantside elementary, becomes principal at Pleasantside.
• Frank Pearse, vice-principal at Montgomery middle, becomes principal at Birchland elementary.
• Christine Potter-Smith, vice-principal at Kwayhquitlum middle, becomes principal Moody elementary.
• Michele Reid, vice-principal at Centennial secondary, becomes acting Harbourview elementary principal.
• Dennis Shannon, principal at Moody elementary, becomes principal at Riverview Park.
• Lisa Salloum, principal at Birchland elementary, becomes principal at Bramblewood elementary.
• Tony Romano, vice-principal at Citadel middle, becomes vice-principal at Glen elementary.
• Pam Becker, teacher at Harbour View elementary, becomes vice-principal Pitt River middle.
• Nicole Daneault, teacher, staff development, becomes vice-principal at Kwayhquitlum middle.
• Dave Dunningan, teacher at Alderson elementary and faculty advisor and adjunct professor at UBC, becomes vice-principal Citadel middle.
• Dawn Holden, vice-principal Glen elementary, becomes vice-principal Montgomery middle.
• Carmel Smith, vice-principal, Pitt River middle, becomes vice-principal Como Lake middle.
• Bryn Williams, teacher with the Burnaby School District, becomes vice-principal Centennial secondary.
• Cheryl Woods, teacher at Alpha secondary in Burnaby, becomes vice-principal Pinetree secondary.
In other district appointments, Dave Truss, vice-principal of Learning Innovations Network Coquitlam (LINC) becomes vice-principal of Coquitlam Open Learning (COL) and Stephen Whiffen, acting district principal of LINC/COL becomes district principal COL.