- BC Games
UPDATED: New jobs for SD43 administrators, teachers
The end of the school year is fast approaching and with it comes announcements of new administrator appointments for September in School District 43.
The following district administrative appointments will take place at local schools effective July 1:
• Remi Collins, principal at Kilmer elementary, will move to Leigh.
• Andrew Corbould, vice-principal at Rochester elementary, will be acting principal at Kilmer.
• Perry Muxworthy will move from vice-principal at Success for All to principal, Glenayre elementary.
• John Speakman will move from principal at Glenayre to principal at Panorama Heights.
• Ceri Watkins will move from vice-principal at Moody middle to principal at Central.
• Ray Appel, a faculty associate at SFU, will become vice-principal Rochester.
• And Kate McMeiken, a teacher at Burnaby North secondary, will become vice-principal at Walton elementary.
• Rob Foot, principal at Hillcrest middle, will take the same job at Scott Creek.
• Nadine Tambellini will move from principal at Central elementary to principal, Hillcrest.
• Trevor Kolkea, a vice-principal at Dawson Creek secondary, will become vice-principal at Moody middle.
• And Todd Smith will move from teacher, Pinetree secondary, to vice-principal at Minnekhada middle.
• David Birnie, a vice-principal at Nanaimo district secondary, will become vice-principal at Centennial secondary.
• Ivano Cecchini, currently principal at Leigh elementary, will become principal of facilities initiatives.
• Glen Conley will move from vice-principal at Centennial to vice-principal for international education.
• Laurie Ebenal will move from vice-principal to principal with Aboriginal education.
• Rissa Wilson will move from teacher, student services department, to vice-principal CABE (Coquitlam Basic Education) and GOAL (Goal Oriented Alternative Learning).
And Judy Robb, principal of Scott Creek middle and the president of the Coquitlam Principals' and Vice-Principals' Association, will be retiring while Bill Cousineau, principal of Panorama Heights elementary, will be taking a leave of absence.
Meanwhile, effective July 1, assistant superintendent Maureen Dockendorf will leave her post at SD43 to become the Superintendent of Reading for the Ministry of Education to help support transformational change within the B.C. education system.
"Enhancing literacy is my passion, so to have a ministry superintendent designation focused on reading is beyond exciting," Dockendorf said in a press release. Dockendorf has over 35 years in public education including being a teacher, a principal and director of instruction in SD43.
As well, working with the ministry, Dockendorf has written a wide range of educational publications and helped develop curriculum for English Language Arts, among other things.