- BC Games
Traffic changes for Evergreen Line in Coquitlam
Drivers in the Tri-Cities will need to pay attention to traffic pattern changes with Evergreen Line construction heating up.
This week, EGRT, which is building the rapid transit line, sent out the following traffic alerts:
• Austin Avenue between Gatineau Place and Lougheed Highway near Lougheed Town Centre will be closed nightly the week of Feb. 17 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. to permit demolition of an existing platform structure and install scaffolding. Detours will be signed.
• Night-time utility relocation work is currently taking place at the intersection of Barnet Highway and Pinetree Way/Lougheed. This work will take place from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. for approximately two weeks and some noise is to be expected.
• Night-time lane closures are taking place on North Road between Cochrane Avenue and Lougheed, continuing intermittently until the end of March as part of elevated guideway construction.
• Daytime lane closures of Clarke Road southbound and northbound between Como Lake and Smith avenues between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. will stop traffic for about two to three minutes while crews use the launching truss to move guideway segments into place over the roadway.
• Aberdeen Avenue between Falcon Drive and Bond Street will be converted to one-way eastbound starting this month until the beginning of 2015. This change is being implemented to provide crews with the required space to build the guideway between the railway tracks and the street. There may be some construction noise and residents will be notified in advance.
To find out more or to get traffic updates, email email@example.com or keep up to date on Facebook at www.facebook.com/evergreenline.