Pedestrian detours expected on Pinetree Way as part of Evergreen construction
Sidewalk closures and detours will be implemented next to active construction sites along Pinetree Way between the Coquitlam transit exchange and Town Centre Boulevard as part of Evergreen Line construction.
The closures will be in place until the spring of 2015 and will be in effect in the following areas:
The following closures adjacent to Pinetree Way will be in effect while construction is underway:
• The north sidewalk on Lincoln Avenue west of Pinetree Way.
• The sidewalk on the northwest corner of Pinetree Way and Northern Avenue.
• A pedestrian detour will also be implemented on the east side of Pinetree Way between Obelisk Way and Glen Drive. Pedestrians will be detoured slightly east to a new pedestrian walkway.
• The sidewalk on the east side of Pinetree Way between Glen Drive and Town Centre Boulevard will remain closed while crews are constructing foundations and columns for the elevated guideway.
• The pedestrian path on the west side of Pinetree Way between Princess Crescent and Town Centre Boulevard.
Motorists are advised to follow instructions from traffic control personnel and obey posted signs while construction is underway. For more information about the Evergrene Line project and traffic updates go to www.evergreenline.gov.bc.ca.