More employees of high-profile national grocery companies working at stores located in Metro Vancouver have recently tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), according to online case trackers.
Loblaw Companies Ltd, the parent company of Real Canadian Superstore updated its COVID-19 employee case listings April 27, indicating a fifth infected team member coming from its Superstore on 104th Avenue in Surrey, adding one more case to the four reported Monday at the store. Here are the details:
- Real Canadian Superstore, 14650 - 104th Avenue, Surrey: The last day any of the five infected team members worked was on April 15, 17, 20 and 22.
While T&T Supermarket is owned by Loblaw, the Canadian Asian grocery chain lists its COVID-19 cases separately on its own site. T&T has added a new B.C. case to its tracker, joining a West Vancouver store case reported a few days prior. The new store case is as follows:
- Metrotown Store - #147-4800 Kingsway, Burnaby: The last day the associate worked was April 21.
Sobeys, Inc, the parent company of Safeway, Thrifty Foods, and franchisor of discount grocery chain FreshCo, has added new cases affecting workers at its Safeway stores in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley to its online B.C. case tracker:
- Safeway - 1766 Robson Street, Vancouver: The last day the employee worked was April 22
- Safeway - 45610 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack: The last day the employee worked was April 25
- Safeway- 1033 Austin Ave, Coquitlam: The last day either of the two infected employees worked was April 20 and 23.
None of the stores are considered public exposure locations by either Vancouver Coastal Health or Fraser Health, and so far none of have appeared on the health authorities' lists of workplace closures due to on-site COVID-19 cases.