Books Plus runs in The Tri-City News each Friday to highlight programs and happenings in the Tri-Cities’ three libraries: Coquitlam Public Library, Port Moody Public Library and Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam.
• B.C. Day storytime: Join librarians for a special B..C Day storytime for children from birth to six years of age and their parents or caregivers. The event is set for Monday, Aug. 6, 11 to 11:30 a.m. at the City Centre branch, Room 136. Registration is not needed for this free program — just drop in.
• Imagination Fair: Indulge your imagination by building, playing and learning about neat technologies, with materials made available with support from the city of Coquitlam’s Spirit Grant. Program runs at the Poirier branch Aug. 7 from 10:30 a.m. to noon and at the City Centre branch Aug. 8 from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Registration is not needed for this free program — just drop in.
• Tech Club: Hour of Code: Learn the basics of coding in this fun and interactive class Aug. 10, 2 to 3 p.m. in the City Centre branch computer lab. Registration is required for these free classes — go to coqlibrary.ca to sign up or phone the help desk at 604-554-7323.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Summer Movies: Wreck It Ralph: Drop in and enjoy Wreck It Ralph (G, 108 minutes) in the Inlet Theatre Wednesday, Aug. 8 from 2 to 4 p.m. The screening is free and no reservations are required but seating is first come, first served. Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
• Stories Galore and More: Join librarians for a rollicking family storytime with songs, stories and silliness. All ages are welcome, from bouncing babies to elementary school students, and each session will feature a fun craft. This program runs Aug. 9, 10 to 10:45 a.m. outside of the library complex, and is presented in partnership with the Tri-Cities Literacy Committee.
• LinkedIn Savvy: Boost your job-search success rate by joining staff from Port Moody WorkBC to hear how to best position yourself on LinkedIn. Learn to find opportunity and be found by opportunity Thursday, Aug. 9 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. in the ParkLane Room. Registration required.
For more info, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Summer Reading Club: Get ready for Motion Commotion during this year’s Summer Reading Club at Terry Fox Library — there is a club for everybody. Fox has reading records, contests and special events for all ages. Sign-up continues all summer long. Visit www.fvrl.ca for more information.
• Kids Lego Club: Terry Fox Library has the Lego, you bring your imagination. Try out the new Keva planks, too. This is for children ages five to 10 on a drop-in basis. The club meets Aug. 8, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
• Summer Reading Club Medal Ceremony with Ginalina: Be part of a musical adventure celebrating nature, family, friends and more. Ginalina is a Juno-nominated children’s singer-songwriter who writes rollicking, roaring and ridiculously catchy songs for the whole family to sing together. She’ll perform Aug. 15, 2 to 2:45 p.m., with the medal ceremony to follow from 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. at Leigh Square.
For more info, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.