The T&T Supermarket in Burnaby has been hit with another COVID-19 case involving a staff member as part of a wave of new cases at Lower Mainland grocery stores.
The latest case was discovered at the T&T store at Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby. The last day the worker was at the store was March 5, according to the T & T COVID-19 case tracker.
This is just the latest in a string of positive cases at T&T stores, including another one at the Burnaby store in early February.
Another case was detected at the Kingsway Store - 2206 Kingsway, Vancouver: The last day the associate worked was March 5. This follows another case revealed last week at the T&T store at Coquitlam Centre. There have also been recent cases at the Chinatown Store - 179 Keefer Place, Vancouver, the Marine Gateway Store, 458 SW Marine Dr, Vancouver, and the First Avenue in Vancouver.
Multiple workers at other major grocery stores operating across British Columbia have tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) over the past few days, including several in Metro Vancouver.
Loblaw Companies Ltd, the parent company of Real Canadian Superstore, No Frills, and other local chains, provided updates to its COVID-19 employee case listings on March 6, 7, and 8, indicating cases at the following store locations in the Metro Vancouver region:
- Hakam's Your Independent Grocery, 20678 Willoughby Centre Dr., Langley: The last day the team member worked was on Feb. 25.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 7550 King George Boulevard, Surrey: The last day the two team members each worked was on Feb. 24 and March 3.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 3000 Lougheed Hwy., Coquitlam: The last day the two team members each worked was on Feb. 24 and March 3.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 350 S.E. Marine Dr, Vancouver: The last day the team member worked was on March 3.
- Ray's No Frills, 34249 Marshall Rd, Abbotsford: The last day the team member worked was on March 6.
Sobeys, Inc, the parent company of Safeway and franchisor of discount grocery chain FreshCo, has recently indicated on its case tracker that employees working at three of its Metro Vancouver stores have tested positive for the virus. The affected stores are as follows:
- Safeway, 990 – King Edward Ave West, Vancouver: The last day the employee worked was on Feb. 28.
- Safeway, 1100 – 2850 Shaughnessy St., Port Coquitlam: The last day the employee worked was on Feb. 26.
- FreshCo, 300-20201 Lougheed Highway, Maple Ridge: The last day the employee worked was on Feb. 23.
With files from Lindsay William-Ross/Vancouver Is Awesome.