One dead, one in hospital following suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

SALMON ARM, B.C. — One person is dead and one is in serious condition following a possible carbon monoxide poisoning at a private campground just outside Salmon Arm, B.C.

Salmon Arm RCMP say they responded to a call on Saturday just after 10 a.m. and they found a dead adult female and a group of people performing first aid on a youth.

article continues below

They say the pair had been camping in a tent and gone to bed around midnight.

Investigators say they found a cooking pot with wood ash in the tent, which was being used as a source of heat.

Police believe the pair may have been affected from carbon monoxide from the wood burning.

The B.C. Coroners Service is in the early stages of its fact-finding investigation.

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Tri-City News

Tri-City News POLL

Do you think Tri-Cities communities do enough to help homeless people?

or  view results

Sign Up for Our Newsletter!

Popular Tri-City News

Community Event Calendar


Find out what's happening in your community and submit your own local events.