There are a number of Tri-City events for Mother’s Day, including these ones:
MAY 4: MAKE A GIFT
• Coquitlam Heritage Society hosts Mother’s Day gift making at Mackin House Museum (1116 Brunette Ave., Coquitlam) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Participants can create thoughtful, handmade gifts for a special someone in your life. This by-donation family event will offer two crafts and refreshments. Three time slots are available: 11 a.m. to noon; 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. and 2 to 3 p.m. Registration and parental supervision are required. Go to coquitlamheritage.ca/eventslist to register.
MAY 11: HIGH TEA
• Coquitlam Heritage Society hosts Mother’s Day High Tea at Mackin House Museum (1116 Brunette Ave., Coquitlam) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The high tea is a highlight of Mackin’s event season. Celebrate mothers with delicious sweets and savoury treats along with hand-blended teas. This event sells out fast, so buy your ticket ASAP. There are two seatings: 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 3 p.m. Cost is $40 per adult, $15 per child. Registration is required; go to coquitlamheritage.ca/eventslist.
MAY 12: MACARONS & TEA
• Port Moody Station Museum hosts its popular annual Mother’s Day Tea on the Train on its vintage Venosta rail car. Cost is $15 per adult, $10 per child, and reservations are required. Go to portmoodymuseum.org for information and registration.
• Coquitlam Farmers Market, located in the parking lot at Dogwood Pavilion (1655 Winslow Ave., Coquitlam) will honour moms with a Mother’s Day tent where moms can stop in to get their free macarons and help themselves to a free coffee (while supplies last). The market will also be doing a giveaway for Mother’s Day, details TBA. For more information, go to makebakegrow.com.
NOT JUST FOR MOMS
• While this event on May 11 is not strictly a Mother’s Day event, there’s nothing stopping you from taking your mom to the annual spring tea at St. John’s Anglican Church (2206 St. Johns St., Port Moody; downstairs in the church hall, enter from rear) from 2 to 4 p.m. Enjoy delicious pie and ice cream and a beverage for $5. There will also be baking, crafts, jewellery and plant tables. Parking at the back and the side of the church. Tickets at the door.