Port Moody is seeking nominations for its 2019 Spike Business Awards this fall.
The categories are:
• Arts in Business which goes to a business or organization that contributes to Port Moody’s arts community;
• Business of the Year, which honours a business that goes beyond Port Moody with its excellence in product or service, revenue growth, customer service, employee engagement and social responsibility;
• Environmental Leadership to the business or organization that excels in environmental efforts;
• Inclusive Excellence to the business or organization with successful initiatives to create a more diverse workplace;
• New business, which recognizes a successful business that’s been operating in the city for more than a year, but less than three; and
• Young Entrepreneur will go to a business owner 35 years old or younger with entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, success and commitment to community.
Nominations can be done online at forms.portmoody.ca/Business/Spike-Business-Awards-Nomination-Form and are due by Sept. 12 or by filling out a form at city hall, 100 Newport Drive. Nominees must have a valid Port Moody business licence to be eligible for an award.
The awards gala will be held at city hall during Small Business Week in Canada on Oct. 17.