Books Plus runs in The Tri-City News each Friday to highlight programs and happenings in the Tri-Cities’ three libraries: Coquitlam Public Library, Port Moody Public Library and Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam.
• Learn with Mango: Whether you want to know a few phrases for an upcoming trip or become a brilliant conversationalist, Mango has you covered. Learn a new language on your computer, tablet, or smartphone with Mango. Check library.portmoody.ca and visit “Digital Content” for more details.
• SFU Philosopher’s Café: This award-winning program brings the conversations from the university to the community. On Jan. 7 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. we will be discussing what are the traits of a healthy family? Drop in to this program in the library’s ParkLane room, no registration required.
• Noon Year’s Eve Party: On Dec. 31, ring in the new year without staying up late. Join us at 11 a.m. for a family dance party in the library with games, stories, crafts and more. Together, we will countdown to 12 — noon that is. Drop in. All ages welcome.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Kids Storytime: Introduce kids to the love of books and language with storytime. Children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs, rhymes and more. Beginning again on Mondays, starting Jan. 7 and Wednesdays starting Jan. 9 from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Drop in.
• Babytime: Make language fun. Help your baby develop speech and language skills and enjoy bouncing, singing and rhyming with stories. Babytime is a fun, social bonding activity for babies and caregivers. You can spend time after the program to meet and socialize. Beginning again on Jan. 11 from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Drop in.
• Lego Club: We have the Lego, you bring your imagination to the Terry Fox Library. Try out our KEVA Planks too. Kids aged 5 to 10 are welcome Wednesdays between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. starting Jan. 9. Drop in.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.
• Innovation Hub Open House with Virtual Reality: Join us and immerse yourself in the world of virtual reality at our Innovation Hub Open House. The first open house will happen on Jan. 11 between 2 and 4 p.m. at the City Centre branch. Each session is approximately 15 minute for adults and teens age 13 and up. Participants must sign a waiver before participation. Parents/guardians will also need to sign a waiver for participants under 13. This is a drop-in program.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.