This feature, written by librarians with Coquitlam Public Library, Port Moody Public Library and Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam, is published each Thursday to highlight programs and happenings in the Tri-Cities’ three libraries.
• CUTIE Christmas: Spread some holiday cheer — join the CUTIE circle and the library’s ukulele jam group as they sing and play Christmas songs. Mark your calendars and join the circle Saturday, Dec. 14, 2 to 4 p.m. — everyone is welcome.
• PoCo Sticks and Stitches: Calling all knitters and stitchers: Work on your knitting, crochet or needlework projects while chatting with other crafters on the first and third Thursdays of each month. Next meetings are today (Dec. 5) and Dec. 19, 7 to 8:30 p.m. — drop in.
• Saturday storytime: Introduce kids to the love of books and language with storytime, where children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs and more. Runs Saturdays through Dec. 14, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. — drop in.
Info: www.fvrl.bc.ca, the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page or 604-927-7999. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo.
• Saturday storytime with Santa: Come for stories, songs and rhymes. The very jolly guest will read a book and stay for photos. This program takes place at the City Centre branch Saturday, Dec. 14, 10:30 to 11 a.m.
• How to Network: A Free Career Workshop: Did you know that networking is the best strategy for getting a job? Join Coquitlam librarians for this free career workshop and get the tools you need to network your way to a successful job search at the City Centre branch Jan. 8, 2 to 4 p.m. Register by visiting free-networking-workshop.eventbrite.ca.
• Income Taxes 101: Drop in and learn how income tax returns work for individuals and small businesses, what types of deductions are available and common mistakes you should be aware of. In partnership with EZ Cloud Accounting, CPA at the City Centre branch, Jan. 21, 6:30 to 8 p.m., and the Poirier branch, Jan. 25, 10:30 a.m. to noon.
• Road to the Oscars: Every Thursday in January, CPL will be screening an Academy-Award winning film. Drop in to Poirier branch Jan. 9 from 1 to 4 p.m. to see the first film: An American in Paris (1951). A full list of films to be screened is available at coqlibrary.ca.
Info: www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Hour of Code Party: Join Port Moody librarians Saturday, Dec. 14 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the library’s ParkLane Room as they host the Hour of Code, a worldwide event that celebrates computer science. Drop in for fun demos, challenges, games and activities. Write your first lines of code to animate a character or create a game. The Hour of Code is an initiative of Computer Science Education Week and Code.org to introduce millions of students to one hour of computer science and computer programming. Drop-in, no registration required.
• BC Settlement and Integration Service: Do you have questions about immigration, settlement or finding a job in B.C.? BC Settlement and Integration Service can help answer your questions at the library between 1 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17. Make a one-on-one appointment by calling 604-468-6022 or emailing email@example.com.
• Noon Year’s Eve Party: On Tuesday, Dec. 31, you can ring in the New Year without staying up late. Join PoMo Public Library for a family dance party and count down to 12 — p.m., that is — in the children’s area between 11 a.m. and noon. No registration required — just drop in.
Info: library.portmoody.ca or 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.