Books Plus runs in The Tri-City News each Friday to highlight programs and happenings in the Tri-Cities’ three libraries: Coquitlam Public Library, Port Moody Public Library and Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam.
• Pyjama Storytime on Burke Mountain: Join librarians for a bedtime story at the new Smiling Creek Activity Centre (3456 Princeton Ave.). Bring your family for a fun, no-cost evening of crafts, games and active play in the gym. Make yourself at home at Burke Mountain’s newest hangout — all ages welcome. Library Link will also be there. The final storytime of 2018 happens Thursday, Dec. 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. No registration required.
• Christmas PJ Storytime at Mackin House Museum: Nestle into the cozy parlour at Mackin House (1116 Brunette Ave., Coquitlam) next to the fireplace and enjoy hot chocolate, cookies and a Christmas storytime. The fun happens Wednesday, Dec. 12, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Admission is by donation and registration is required. To register, phone 604-516-6151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CPL notes: Fall 2018 storytimes end Dec. 15 and winter 2019 storytimes begin the week of Jan. 7. As well, Library Link visits end Dec. 22 for the holidays and regular service resumes Jan. 9.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Winter Wonderland Babies: Monday, Dec. 10 from 2 to 3 p.m. and Tuesday, Dec, 11 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., enjoy a winter wonderland party with your baby. The children’s area of the library will be transformed for the little ones with a photo booth, babytime and a craft. Make sure to bring your camera. Drop-in, no registration required.
• Celebrate the Season: Enjoy two special storytimes Tuesday, Dec. 18 as part of the CP Holiday Train celebrations. PMPL will have its first show at 6:45 p.m. and a second at 7:30 p.m. Both will feature carols, holiday stories and a special guest, Pigeon. This free fun for all ages will be in the Inlet Theatre. Seating is first come, first served.
• Noon Year’s Eve party: Dec. 31, ring in the new year without staying up late. Join librarians at 11 a.m. for a family dance party in the library with games, stories, crafts and more. Together, librarians and party-goers will count down to 12 — noon, that is. Drop in, all ages welcome.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Christmas songs with the CUTIE Circle: Spread some holiday cheer by joining the Cutie Circle and the library’s ukulele jam group as they sing and play Christmas songs. Everyone is welcome. Saturday, Dec. 15, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. (drop-in).
• TOMORROW: Saturday movie matinee: Paddington 2: Embark on a wild and crazy journey with Paddington as he tries to unmask the thief who stole a pop-up book from the antique shop. Will he be able to recover it and give it to his aunt as a gift? The movie screens Saturday, Dec. 8, 2 to 3:30 p.m. — just drop in.
• Lego Club: Terry Fox Library has the Lego, you bring your imagination. You can also try out Keva Planks. Kids ages five to 10 years are welcome Wednesday, Dec. 12, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. (drop-in).
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.