• Fall storytimes: Drop in and enjoy stories, songs, fingerplays and rhymes for babies (under two years old), toddlers (two to three years) and preschoolers (four to five years). These fun, active programs help children gain pre-reading skills and develop a love of reading. See the schedule on the Children’s Programs and Events page at coqlibrary.ca.
• Discover Lego Robotics: Children in Grades 1 to 3 can have fun building and operating Lego robots with the help of a Robokids instructor. Classes are Tuesdays, Sept. 17 to Oct. 8 from 4 to 5 p.m. at the City Centre branch. Register at coqlibrary.ca, through the Children’s Programs and Events page.
• Reading Buddies: In this paired reading program, teens in Grades 9 to 12 earn community service hours by helping kids in Grades 1 to 4 become better readers. Application forms for teen volunteers and young readers are available at either branch or online at coqlibrary.ca under Programs and Events > School Success.
• Innovation Hub open house: Drop in to the Innovation Hub at the City Centre branch on Fridays between 2 and 4 p.m. to try out cool technology. Sept. 20, adults and teens can immerse themselves in the world of virtual reality (teens under 19 years of age require signed parental consent). Sessions last approximately 15 minutes. Adults can learn how to use the Library’s 3D printers and creative software Sept. 13 or 27. Open house at the Innovation Hub will move to Tuesdays from 2 to 4 p.m. beginning in October.
Info: www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• BC Settlement and Integration Service (BCSIS): Do you have questions about immigration, settlement or finding a job? BCSIS can help answer your questions at the library between 1 and 4 p.m. on Tuesdays, Sept. 17, Oct. 15, Nov. 19 and Dec. 17. Make a one-on-one appointment by calling 604-468-6022 or emailing email@example.com.
• Wills and estates: Sept. 24 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in PMPL’s ParkLane Room, learn about essential documents, how to structure your affairs, what can go wrong and the role of the lawyer. This session is presented in partnership with the People’s Law School. Register at portmoodylibrary.ca or by calling 604-469-4577.
• Canadian citizenship prep: Thinking about taking the Canadian citizenship test? Learn how to prepare and study tips in this workshop with MOSAIC. This program will run over two days: Sept. 27 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Sept. 28 from 1 to 4 p.m. Call 604-636-4712, Ext. 107, to register.
Info: library.portmoody.ca or 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Science Week Storytime with Cubetto: Introduce kids to science through stories, music and movement at Science Week Storytime. Immediately following, children and caregivers can stay and meet Cubetto, a friendly wooden robot that teaches children the basics of computer programming through stories and hands-on play. This program is on Wednesday, Sept. 18; Storytime runs from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m.; fun with Cubetto from 10:45 to 11:30 a.m.
• Science Week playground: Tech-up with Ozobot, a pocket-sized robot. Drive Sphero around the library or build a masterpiece with Magformers, Keva Planks and Lego. There’s something for everyone Sept. 20 from 2 to 4 p.m. — drop in.
• Pro-D day movie: Looking for something to do on the Sept. 20 School District 43 pro-D day? Come to Terry Fox Library for a movie matinee from 2 to 3:30 p.m. — drop in.
Info: www.fvrl.bc.ca, the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page or 604-927-7999. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo.