Books Plus runs in The Tri-City News each Friday to highlight programs and happenings in the Tri-Cities’ three libraries: Coquitlam Public Library, Port Moody Public Library and Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam.
• Learn it All at Lynda.com: Lynda.com offers online learning at your own pace — anytime, anywhere. Port Moody residents can access over 5,500 online courses to upgrade or learn new skills. You will find beginner, intermediate and advanced video courses taught by experts in the field. Earn certificates for completed courses and post them on your LinkedIn profile. Check our website under “Digital Content” for more information.
• Celebrate the Season: Enjoy two special storytimes on Tuesday (Dec. 18) in the Inlet Theatre as part of Port Moody’s CP Holiday Train celebrations. We will have our first show at 6:45 p.m. and a second at 7:30 p.m. Both will feature carols, holiday stories and our special guest, Pigeon! Seating is first come, first served.
• Noon Year’s Eve Party: On Dec. 31, ring in the new year without staying up late! Join us at 11 a.m. for a family dance party in the library with games, stories, crafts and more. Together, we will countdown to 12 — 12 p.m. that is. Drop in. All ages welcome.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Christmas Songs with the Cutie Circle: Spread some holiday cheer! Join the Cutie Circle and the library’s ukulele jam group as they sing and play Christmas songs. Everyone is welcome. Saturday, Dec. 15, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Drop-in.
• Storytime: Introduce kids to the love of books and language with storytime! Children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs, rhymes, and more. Beginning again on Monday, Jan. 7 and Wednesday, Jan. 9, from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Drop-in.
• Babytime — Make Language Fun: Help your baby develop speech and language skills, while enjoying bouncing, singing and rhyming with stories. Babytime is a fun, social bonding activity for babies and caregivers. You can spend time after the program to meet and socialize. Beginning again on Friday, Jan. 11, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Drop in.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located at 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.
• Winter Story Time: Pyjama Story Time on Burke Mountain will be taking a break for the holidays after Dec. 13 and will resume on Jan. 10. Fall 2018 story times end December 15; winter 2019 story times begin the week of Jan. 7. Library Link visits end on Dec. 22 for the holidays; regular service resumes on Jan. 9.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.