This feature, written by librarians with Coquitlam Public Library, Port Moody Public Library and Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam, is published each Thursday to highlight programs and happenings in the Tri-Cities’ three libraries.
• SUCCESS Settlement Services: Have you recently moved to Canada? Do you need help finding resources? Join SUCCESS Settlement Services to talk with the experts and to meet other new Canadians. Drop in at the City Centre branch Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Ask at the Help Desk for a meeting room.
• Pyjama storytime on Burke Mountain: Bring your family for a bedtime story, crafts, games and active play from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at Smiling Creek Activity Centre Gym, 3456 Princeton Ave. Pyjama storytime runs 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. and the Library Link visits from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• English practice groups: Drop in and practise English in a friendly, social atmosphere. Weekly conversation groups for adults are led by volunteers from Share Family and Community Services. There are groups for beginner, intermediate and advanced English speakers at the City Centre and Poirier branches. See coqlibrary.ca for the schedule.
• Toddler storytime: Stories, songs, fingerplays and rhymes help children gain pre-reading skills and develop a love of reading. Parents and caregivers, stay with your children and join in the fun at the City Centre branch: Tuesdays, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m., and Fridays, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m.; and the Poirier branch: Mondays, 10:30 to 11 a.m.
• Tech Tuesdays: See 3D printers in action and learn how to create your own designs using creative software. Or try out a new career in the job simulator, walk around in outer space and much more with CPL’s HTC Vive virtual reality headset. Next session for 3D printing: Tuesday, Nov. 12. The open house is held from 2 to 4 p.m. at the City Centre branch.
Info: www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• BC Settlement and Integration Service: Do you have questions about immigration, settlement, or finding a job? BC Settlement and Integration Service can help answer your questions at the library between 1 and 4 p.m. on Nov. 19 and Dec. 17. Make a one-on-one appointment by calling 604-468-6022 or emailing email@example.com.
• Ukulele jam: Come jam Wednesday, Nov. 12 from 7 to 8 p.m. — learn and play new songs together. This jam is for people who have some ukulele experience (know at least C, G, and F chord) and participants must bring their own ukuleles. Register online at portmoodylibrary.ca or by calling 604-469-4577.
• PMPL Page-Turners’ Book Club: Do you love books and want to share your thoughts and experiences with others? Join Port Moody library’s Page-Turners’ Book Club for lively discussions of all types of fiction. Wednesday, Nov. 20 from 7 to 8 p.m., participants will be discussing All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Register online at portmoodylibrary.ca or by calling 604-469-4577.
Info: library.portmoody.ca or 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Introduction to Birding in the Tri-Cities: Birding is one of the fastest growing pastimes in North America and the Burke Mountain Naturalists will show you how you can get started in the Tri-Cities. Find out where to go and what types of birds are commonly seen locally and tips, and learn how to best use binoculars. You will also be introduced to FVRL’s new Birdwatching Backpacks that are available for loan. This drop-in session runs 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12.
• Adults Colouring Club: Colouring is not just for kids anymore. Head to Terry Fox Library to chill out and colour. Fox will provide the colouring pages and pencil crayons on Mondays through Nov. 25 (except Nov. 11) from 2 to 3 p.m. — drop in.
• Lego Club: Fox has the Lego, you bring your imagination. Try out Keva Planks, too. This program is for kids ages five to 10 years. Next session is Wednesday, Nov. 13, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. — drop in.
Info: www.fvrl.bc.ca, the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page or 604-927-7999. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo.