This feature, written by librarians with Coquitlam Public Library, Port Moody Public Library and Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam, is published each Thursday to highlight programs and happenings in the Tri-Cities’ three libraries.
• Homework Help Club: Teenage tutors help kids in Grades 1 to 6 with assignments, workbooks and worksheets — all subjects are welcome. Contact librarian Chris Miller at email@example.com for more information. This program takes place at City Centre branch through Dec. 13, 3:15 to 4:30 p.m.
• Design-your-card Contest: Attention, junior artists. Enter the CPL contest and you could have your design featured on new children’s Coquitlam Public Library cards. There is a category for traditional illustration (which includes crayon, pencil crayon, felt marker, watercolour, oil paint and more) and for computer-generated graphics. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three winners in both categories but only first-place entries will be featured on a library card. The contest is open to children five to 11 years old who live in Coquitlam. Submit your entry by email, mail or in person no later than 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6. See coqlibrary.ca for full contest details.
• Lendable tech: Study the night sky, learn coding and programming and play educational games with Coquitlam Public Library’s lendable technology. Ozobot Bits, Sphero SPRKs, Sky-Watcher telescopes and Playaway LaunchPad tablets can be borrowed from either branch and on the Library Link. For more information, go to coqlibrary.ca.
Info: www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• ’90s Baby Party: On Dec. 2 from 2 to 2:45 p.m. and Dec. 3 from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. in the library’s children’s area, you can spice up your life with a ’90s throwback party for you and your baby. Celebrate an era of grunge, boy bands and pop sensations — loud prints, crop tops and windbreakers encouraged. No registration required, just drop in.
• Advance-care planning: Advance-care planning is documenting and sharing your requests for your future health and personal care. This workshop with Fraser Health will help you articulate to your loved ones what would be important during an illness or should you be unable to communicate your wishes. The workshop will also provide resources for those going through the process. To register for this program, which will be held Dec. 2 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the ParkLane Room, visit portmoodylibrary.ca or call 604-469-4577.
• Citizenship application information: Attend this workshop from SUCCESS Dec. 3 from 10 a.m. to noon in the library’s ParkLane Room to learn about eligibility, how to apply, what supporting documents are needed and what to expect after applying for Canadian citizenship. This workshop will be offered in different languages. Call 604-468-6000 for information and to register.
Info: library.portmoody.ca or 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• CUTIE Christmas: Spread some holiday cheer — join the CUTIE circle and the library’s ukulele jam group as they sing and play Christmas songs. Mark your calendars and join the circle Saturday, Dec. 14, 2 to 4 p.m. — everyone is welcome.
• PoCo Sticks and Stitches: Calling all knitters and stitchers: Work on your knitting, crochet or needlework projects while chatting with other crafters on the first and third Thursdays of each month. Next meeting is Dec. 5, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday storytime: Introduce kids to the love of books and language with storytime, where children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs, rhymes and more. Next session is Nov. 30, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. — drop in.
Info: www.fvrl.bc.ca, the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page or 604-927-7999. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo.