This feature, written by librarians with Coquitlam, Port Moody and Terry Fox libraries, is published in The Tri-City News and at tricitynews.com Thursdays.
• Innovation Hub open house with VR: Immerse yourself in the word of virtual reality at an open house for CPL’s Innovation Hub. The first will happen Jan. 11, 2 to 4 p.m. at the City Centre branch. Each session is approximately 15 minutes and suitable for people age 13 and older. Each participant must sign a waiver before participation; parents/guardians need to sign a waiver for minors.
• DIY book clubs: Want to start a book club but don’t know how? Learn the ins and outs of forming a book club, naming it and deciding its scope at this session Tuesday, Jan. 22, 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the City Centre branch, Room 127. Register for this free program online. For more information, contact Vanessa at email@example.com.
More info: www.coqlibrary.ca. City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way, Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Library apps for phones and tablets: Are you a proud owner of a new phone or tablet after Christmas, or have you made a New Year Resolution to make better use of your handheld device? Learn how to set up all the free library apps to enjoy eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers and more on the go. Sessions are in PMPL’s ParkLane Room Tuesday, Jan. 8 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. or on Thursday, Jan. 10 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Call 604-469-4577 to register.
• SFU Philosopher’s Café: This award-winning program brings the conversations from the university to the community. Monday, Jan. 7 from 7 to 8:30 p.m., the discussion will focus on the traits of a healthy family. Drop in to this program in PMPL’s ParkLane Room — no registration required.
More info: library.portmoody.ca or 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr..
• Storytime: Introduce kids to the love of books and language with storytime. Children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs, rhymes and more. Sessions begin Jan. 7 and 9, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. — just drop in.
• Babytime: This is a fun, social bonding activity for babies and caregivers. And participants can spend time after the program to meet and socialize. Sessions start Jan. 11, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. — no registration required.
• Lego Club: Librarians have the Lego, you bring your imagination to the Terry Fox Library. Try out our Keva Planks, too. Kids ages five to 10 years are welcome Wednesday, Jan. 9, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. — just drop in.
More info: www.fvrl.bc.ca, Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page or 604-927-7999. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd., PoCo.