• Trivia Night 2019: It’s a pirate party! Come dressed like a pirate for this event, which will feature a no-host bar sponsored by the Kinsmen and snacks and refreshments as well as prizes, raffles and bragging rights. This event is set for April 12 at the Poirier branch, starting at 7 p.m. and proceeds will benefit tech for families. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at the library. For more information, call 604-937-4130 or email email@example.com.
• Science Expo 2019: Celebrate knowledge and discovery with librarians at the fourth annual Coquitlam Public Library Science Expo for elementary, middle and high school students in the Tri-Cities. It’s set for May 2 at the City Centre branch. To be part of the Expo, students must submit registration and a consent forms. The deadline for submissions is April 18.
• Pro-D day movie: Ralph Breaks the Internet: Come watch video game villain Ralph and his friend Vanellope von Schweetz scour the vast, confusing, distracting worldwide web to find a part they hope will save her game in this Disney animated flick (115 minutes, rated G). The screening is Friday, April 26, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at both the Poirier and City Centre branches.
Info: www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Benefits of integrated home care: An integrated home care experience is when services, providers and organizations work together to provide complementary, co-ordinated and seamless continuity for the client. Join librarians March 19, 2019 from 7 to 8 p.m. for a presentation from BC Seniors Home Care that will review the elements and the benefits of home care. Call 604-469-4577 to register.
Info: library.portmoody.ca or 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Magnetic Poetry with PoCo’s artist-in-residence: Experience the pull of poetry. Create a personalized set of magnetic poetry by joining Port Coquitlam’s literary artist-in-residence, Jennifer Pownall, for this World Poetry Day activity. Participants will handcraft a cardstock box for storing their inspirational word kits and can try their hand at arranging poems in class Thursday, March 21, 2 to 3 p.m. Call or visit the library to register.
• Philosophers’ Café: Since 1998, this award-winning program has engaged the interests of scholars, seniors, students, philosophers, and non-philosophers through stimulating dialogue and the passionate exchange of ideas. This informal public discussion is set for Thursday, March 21, 7 to 8:30 p.m. — drop in.
Info: www.fvrl.bc.ca, the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page or 604-927-7999. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo.