• STEM + Families math event with Mathnasium: Test your math, science, technology and engineering skills with games and activity stations in Rooms 127, 136 and 137 March 9, 2 to 3:30 p.m. — for parents and kids in kindergarten to Grade 5. Registration not required, just drop in.
• Speed tournament: A tournament for the card game Speed, with prizes for first, second and third place is for teens and adults aged 14 and up Friday, March 29, 2 to 4 p.m. at the City Centre branch. Never played? No problem! Join the teaching session at 1:30 p.m., then test your skills in the beginners’ bracket. Full rules will be posted soon. To register, email librarian Chris Miller at email@example.com with your name, age and phone number.
• Pro-D day movie: Ralph Breaks the Internet: Come watch video game villain Ralph and his friend Vanellope von Schweetz scour the vast, confusing, distracting worldwide web to find a part they hope will save her game in this Disney animated flick (115 minutes, rated G). The screening is Friday, April 26, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at both the Poirier and City Centre branches.
• Science Expo 2019: Celebrate knowledge and discovery with librarians at the fourth annual Coquitlam Public Library Science Expo for elementary, middle and high school students in the Tri-Cities. It’s set for May 2 at the City Centre branch. To be part of the Expo, students must submit registration and a consent forms. The deadline for submissions is April 18.
Info: www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Books and board games: It’s game time in the library. Play great board games while expect children’s librarians recommend great reads for every kid March 18 from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in the children’s area; drop in, no registration required.
• Marketing your business: Get the word out about your business. Join Sherina Chandra March 12 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. to learn how to use web tools to create an eye-catching logo, leverage social media, create a simple webpage and develop a marketing strategy. Call 604-469-4577 to register.
• Interview with confidence: Interviews can be career-changing conversations. Next Thursday, March 14 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., Lisa Stephen, employment resource facilitator with Port Moody WorkBC will help you gain insight into interviewers’ expectations and how you can prepare to interview with much more confidence. Call 604-469-4577 to register.
Info: library.portmoody.ca or 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Saturday storytime: Introduce kids to the love of books and language with storytime. Children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs, rhymes, and more March 9, 11 to 11:30 a.m. — drop in.
• Speech and Language drop-in clinic: Drop in and talk with one of the Fraser Health Unit’s Speech-Language Pathologists for five to 10 minutes. Your child will receive a brief screening of his or her communications skills. You will receive help for your child’s speech and language development. This clinic is for children who have not yet been referred. It is best suited for families who are not sure if a referral is needed. Clients are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Next session is Tuesday, March 12, 10 to 11:30 a.m. — drop in.
• Adult colouring club: Colouring is not just for kids anymore. Come chill out and colour at the Terry Fox Library. Librarians will provide the colouring pages, pencil crayons and refreshments on Mondays through April 29 (except April 22), 2 to 3 p.m. — drop in.
Info: www.fvrl.bc.ca, the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page or 604-927-7999. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo.