• TOMORROW: 3D printing orientation: Adults and teens aged 13 and up can l how to use Coquitlam library’s 3D printers, scanners and high-powered creative software tomorrow (March 1), 2 to 4 p.m. in the Innovation Hub at the City Centre branch. Drop in anytime during the open house.
• STEM + Families math event with Mathnasium: Test your math, science, technology and engineering skills with games and activity stations in Rooms 127, 136 and 137 March 9, 2 to 3:30 p.m. — for parents and kids in kindergarten to Grade 5. Registration not required, just drop in.
• Speed tournament: A tournament for the card game Speed, with prizes for first, second and third place is for teens and adults aged 14 and up Friday, March 29, 2 to 4 p.m. at the City Centre branch. Never played? No problem! Join the teaching session at 1:30 p.m., then test your skills in the beginners’ bracket. Full rules will be posted soon. To register, email librarian Chris Miller at email@example.com with your name, age and phone number.
Info: www.coqlibrary.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• SFU Philosopher’s Cafe: This program brings conversations from the university to the community. Monday, March 4 from 7 to 8:30 p.m., the topic will be: leadership characteristics. Do we look for certain characteristics in our leaders? Do we seek different characteristics from leaders in different aspects of our lives? Join moderator Keith Caspell in the ParkLane Room; no registration required.
• Building your business from the grassroots up: Next Tuesday, March 5 from 7 to 8 p.m., you can learn how to take your business idea from dream to reality. This practical workshop with Sherina Chandra will cover the planning, developing, and implementation stages. Learn about municipal licences, target markets, insurance, business laws and more. Call 604-469-4577 to register.
Info: library.portmoody.ca or 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr.
• Immigrant Pathways: Find out the latest information this weekend about immigration options for work permit holders and international students. Topics include application requirements, express entry and the B.C. Provincial Nominee Program. There will be a Q&A session at the end. This program is presented by SUCCESS March 2, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. To register, call 604-468-6069 or 604-468-6022, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Good night, sleep right: Do you feel like you’re not getting enough sleep? If you’re counting sheep with no signs of sleep, this workshop is for you. Many older adults find it difficult to get enough sleep and this workshop explores the reasons and remedies. Information about lifestyle changes that may help is provided in this session March 5, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Call or visit the library to register.
• Saturday storytime: Introduce kids to the love of books and language with storytime. Children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs, rhymes, and more March 9, 11 to 11:30 a.m. — drop in.
Info: www.fvrl.bc.ca, the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page or 604-927-7999. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo.