A wind ensemble that calls Coquitlam home will play songs from composers who were ahead of their time.
The Pacific Symphonic Wind Ensemble performs a show titled Frontiers on Saturday night (June 4) at the Evergreen Cultural Centre under the baton of Christin Reardon MacLellan.
The program includes:
- “A Mother of a Revolution” by Omar Thomas, celebrating the bravery of trans women
- “Variations on America” by Charles Ives, an early 20th century musical revolutionary
- “Concert Fantasia on Motives from Rigoletto” by Luigi Bassi (featuring Youth Soloist Competition winner Jonathon Lopez)
- “Home Away From Home” by Cathy Likhuta, an expatriate Ukrainian
- “Three Dance Episodes from On The Town” by Leonard Bernstein, the master of musical theatre
For tickets to Frontiers at 8 p.m. on June 4, call the Evergreen box office (1205 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam) at 604-927-6555 or visit evergreenculturalcentre.ca.