If want to serve tacos, mini doughnuts or other street grub to the public next year, the City of Coquitlam may have an opportunity for you.
Until Feb. 28, the municipality will accept applications from food street vendors for eight designated city-owned spots — mostly in the City Centre neighbourhood:
- two locations on the western side of Pinetree Way (in front of Douglas College)
- two locations on the eastern side of Pinetree Way (beside Town Centre Park)
- Evergreen Cultural Centre/Lafarge Lake–Douglas SkyTrain station plaza
- southeastern corner of Guildford Way and Pinetree Way (city park and ride lot)
- southwestern corner of Poirier Street and Foster Avenue
- northeastern side of Hartley Avenue (outside Home Depot lot)
Applicants will be judged on their street vending experience, equipment, marketing and environmental sustainability such as managing trash and recyclables, and sourcing local products.
Candidates must also show proof that their street vending vehicle complies with regulations under the fire code, as well as the Fraser or Vancouver Coast health authority.
And successful candidates will need to have $2 million in commercial general liability insurance and pay a $1,000 damage deposit to the city under the terms of the 2023 Street Vendor Program.
Licences will be good for a year, starting April 1.
To apply, go to coquitlam.ca/bidopportunities.