A group of Tri-Cities teens returned victorious from two national championships over the Labour Day long weekend.
B.C.'s provincial under-18 and under-15 men's field lacrosse teams went undefeated to hoist the 2022 Lacrosse Canada First Nations and Alumni Cups in Fredericton, N.B.
Both beat Ontario in their respective finals, and both included a double-digit scores from the blue, white and gold.
Seven local athletes were members of the U18 squad, all from Coquitlam:
- Ty Banks (Coquitlam)
- Nathan Chalmers (Coquitlam)
- Cole Kennett (Coquitlam)
- Brody Kent (Coquitlam)
- Nathan Ma (Coquitlam)
- Nathan Miller (Coquitlam)
- Kalen Murray (Coquitlam)
- Jordan Reed (Coquitlam)
And four of them entered the tournament with a gold medal already around their neck.
Chalmers, Kennett, Murray and Reed helped B.C. take first place at the Niagara 2022 Canada Summer Games following a tight-knit 7-6 win over Ontario in the final.
B.C. outscored their opponents 98-14 over five games in three days.
The team's game-by-game results at the First Nations Cup were as follows:
- 16-5 win over Ontario (final)
- 16-4 win over Quebec
- 25-3 win over New Brunswick
- 21-1 win over Saskatchewan
- 20-1 win over Manitoba
Meanwhile, there were four Tri-Cities athletes that went on to win the Alumni Cup with B.C.'s under-15 roster:
- Jackson Cardey (Port Coquitlam)
- Brandon Lyons (Port Moody)
- Malcolm Richardson (Coquitlam)
- Lincoln Wall (Port Coquitlam)
The four harnassed their skills at Fredericton's Scotiabank fields, which ended in two shut outs across seven games.
The team's game-by-game results at the Alumni Cup were as follows:
- 13-5 win over Ontario (final)
- 13-0 win over Nova Scotia
- 12-3 win over Saskatchewan
- 11-1 win over Manitoba
- 9-6 win over Ontario
- 18-0 win over Quebec
- 20-1 win over New Brunswick