Three Port Coquitlam gas stations currently boast the cheapest fuel in Metro Vancouver, and you don't have to be a Costco card holder to get it.
Even better, it appears prices have (somewhat generously) dropped for local residents ahead of the Victoria Day long weekend.
As of this publication (May 20), both of PoCo's Chevrons on Lougheed Highway and Shaughnessy Street and its Shell on Pitt River Road are currently offering 214.9 a litre for regular gas
That's a 16 cent drop compared to it's 231.9 cents-per-litre posting on Tuesday (May 17), according to GasBuddy.com.
It's also a middle price compared to the lowest available gas earlier this week at 225.9 and last Friday (May 13) when commuters could fill up their tanks for 209.9 per litre.
The Costco gas bar in Port Coquitlam is four cents more — 218.9 cents a litre as of this update.
You can find a list of the Tri-Cities' cheapest available gas below.
At the other end of the spectrum, 229.9 cents a litre is the most expensive fuel in the Tri-Cities, located at the Mobil and Real Canadian Superstore stop in Coquitlam.
That benchmark price was one of the cheapest available three days ago.
Regional gas prices surpassed $2 per litre in early March and have continued to stay above that threshold, with some fluctuations in between.
Still, some drivers suffering pump sticker shock will get a respite from high prices.
Premier John Horgan announced a $110 gas rebate for insured drivers earlier this year. Commercial drivers were told to expect $165.
Some British Columbians will see that rebate arrive by direct deposit later in May, while others will receive a cheque in June.
Horgan said the one-time payment was a better approach than cutting fuel taxes as the price would only increase again at the pump.
If you're looking to top your tank with the cheapest in all of B.C., the village of Fruitvale is the place to visit — located 15 km east of Trail.
It's Canco gas station is selling regular fuel at 192.9 cents per litre.
Tri-Cities' top 10 cheap fuel prices
The following prices are the best available in the Tri-Cities as of 10:30 a.m. today:
- 214.9/L @ Chevron (2705 Lougheed Hwy., Port Coquitlam)
- 214.9/L @ Chevron (2525 Shaughnessy St., Port Coquitlam)
- 214.9/L @ Shell (1190 Pitt River Rd., Port Coquitlam)
- 215.9/L @ Mobil and Real Canadian Superstore (3000 Lougheed Hwy., Coquitlam)
- 215.9/L @ Petro-Canada (1523 Prairie Ave., Port Coquitlam)
- 218.9/L @ Costco gas bar (Port Coquitlam)
- 219.5/L @ Husky (2649 Lougheed Hwy., Port Coquitlam)
- 219.9/L @ Shell (3051 Lougheed Hwy., Coquitlam)
- 224.9/L @ Shell (2405 St Johns St., Port Moody)
- 225.9/L @ Esso and 7-Eleven (103 Ioco Rd., Port Moody)
- with files from Jeremy Hainsworth, Glacier Media