Coquitlam Heritage is gearing up to show its festive side this season.
The Mackin House (1116 Brunette Ave.) has decked its halls in anticipation of hosting a series of family-friendly community events throughout the month of December.
Starting Sunday (Dec. 4), the Maillardville museum's "Winter Wonders" celebration will kick off the holiday spirit with a craft making station, carolers singing songs, a story walk through the facility and a scavenger hunt.
Coquitlam Heritage also hopes to make the upcoming events educational, as well, with displays representing different cultures and how they celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.
This is set to include Christmas, Diwali, Hannukah, Kwanzaa and the winter solstice.
Sunday's "Winter Wonders" is free for the public to attend, while the rest of the agenda will require pre-registration.
For more information, you can visit the Coquitlam Heritage website.
Mackin House's schedule of holiday-themed events are as follows:
- Dec. 4 = 1 to 5 p.m.
- An appearance from Santa Claus
- Craft making and cocoa stations
- Scavenger hunt outside in the square, park and garden
- Event is rain or shine
Holiday PJ Storytime
- Dec. 8 = 7 to 8 p.m.
- Hosted by the Coquitlam Public Library
- For families with kids aged three to eight years old
- Wear cozy pajamas
Celebrations of Light
- Dec. 17 = 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Learn about the seasonal holidays of many cultures
- Hour-long sessions at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Dec. 21 = Noon to 2:30 p.m.
- Decorate sugar cookies and sip hot cocoa
- Listen to holiday songs
- Hour-long sessions at noon and 1:30 p.m.