The Tri-Cities’ biggest mall is set to re-open with extended hours next week as it moves to fall in line with the province’s phase 2 re-opening of the economy.
Coquitlam Centre, which has never completely closed, is currently operating on reduced hours and many of its smaller retailers have shuttered their doors.
But that is set to change May 19, when stores will expand their hours of operation.
“As each store opens their individual store, pages will be updated with their hours,” said a spokesperson for the mall in an email.
As retail stores open gradually and at their own pace, for some, curbside pickup will begin May 25.
While the mall has not finalized which retailers will participate in the program, the process will involve placing your order by phone or online. When your order is ready, the store will tell you when and where to pick it up.
The mall has designated the Northeast Plaza Entrance on Pinetree Way (outside H&M) as the pickup area where a store employee will deliver your purchase. Pickup will be available every day from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you decide to enter Coquitlam Centre, management is encouraging all visitors to do the following :
- Sanitize hands before and after entering the shopping centre
- Keep two metres away from others
- Return later if a store is busy
- Stay home if you have a fever, cold or flu like symptoms
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes with unwashed hands
- Avoid coming to the shopping centre if you have come into contact with someone who is sick
Check back here for details.