The sounds of summer are coming back to Coquitlam.
And for three nights, world-class musicians are set to make you either rock the air guitar, sway to saxophones or dance your heart out.
Earlier this week, the city announced the two-year return of its summer concert series to Town Centre Park — scheduled for July 15, Aug. 5 and Sept. 2.
The last series took place in 2019 as the COVID-19 pandemic forced the cancellation of the 2020 and 2021 events.
Maria Danysh, Coquitlam's cultural and community events supervisor, says the latest installment will include extended performance times each night with six musical guests in total, as well as food trucks parked near the TD Community Plaza stage.
In a release, she explains the themes hope to reach a range of musical tastes around the city and the Tri-Cities region.
Each concert's respective night is scheduled for 6 to 9 p.m., and admission is completely free.
For more information, you're encouraged to visit the City of Coquitlam's website.
The themes and performing artists are as follows:
July 15: Rock Night
- Redeye Empire
- Redeye Empire’s music exudes all that is indicative of the West Coast lifestyle with a blend of reggae, rock and ska
- Beau Wheeler
- Beau Wheeler is a queer non-binary composer and singer based in Vancouver, whose music encompasses a wide spectrum of human experience like love, loss and redemption
- Munchu Picchu
- Little oOtie's Mini Donuts
Aug. 5: Jazz Night
- Diane Lines
- Diane was the pianist/accompanist for Grammy winner Michael Bublé, and was inducted into the BC Entertainment Hall of Fame in 2018
- Sweetpea Swing Band
- A fixture in the Vancouver swing scene since the early 2000s, these cats deliver their traditional jazz with a modern twist, and audiences can't help jumping out of their seats to cut a rug
- The Mad Greek
- Hugs Mini Donuts
Sept. 2: Jazz Night
- Ashley Pater
- The Vancouver based R&B singer/songwriter has touched the hearts of many listeners through her award-winning songwriting abilities combined with her soulful sultry voice
- Queer As Funk
- This Vancouver troupe is renowned for its tight rhythm section, hot horns, and soulful vocals in a dynamic, high-energy dance band
- Shamelss Buns