Families with young kids, as well as residents of all ages, looking to get into organized sports are set to learn more about local programs on Aug. 20.
Coquitlam is hosting its annual free sports fair at Town Centre Park with 21 regional groups that aim to provide information and try-it stations in hopes of finding "a sport for everyone."
"The Sports Fair is one of the Spotlight on Sport initiatives from the Coquitlam in Bloom program," explained city parks manager Kathleen Reinheimer in a news release.
"The annual event brings together a wide variety of community sporting associations with members of the public who want to try out new sports, find out what local sports groups have to offer, and discover fun ways to stay active."
Sports that'll set up shop range from martial arts and hockey to softball and ultimate frisbee.
The showcase — which includes free slushies, too — will take place rain or shine on Aug. 20 from 1 to 3 p.m. at North Field #6.
For more information, you can visit the City of Coquitlam's Facebook page.
The 21 sports groups involved in this year's sports fair are as follows:
- Adanacs Field Lacrosse
- Bamboo Fitness and Martial Arts
- BC Aquasonics (BCAQ)
- Blind Sports BC
- City of Coquitlam Park Spark
- City of Coquitlam Spotlight on Sport
- Coquitlam Express
- Coquitlam Metro Ford Soccer Club
- Coquitlam Minor Hockey Association
- Coquitlam Minor Softball Association
- Coquitlam Moody Ringette Association
- Coquitlam Skating Club
- Coquitlam Tennis Club (CTC)
- Special Olympics Coquitlam
- Tri-Cities Off Road Cycling Association (TORCA)
- Tricity Futsal Academy
- Tri-Cities Female Ice Hockey Association
- Tri-Cities Oldtimers Hockey League
- Vancouver Ultimate League
- West Coast Radio Control Aircraft Flyers
- Windies Sports and Cultural Association