Notable names and neighbours from across Tri-Cities are set to share their life stories in hopes of inspiring the community to be proud of their true selves.
"Stories from the Heart," a new international speaker series, is set to feature six residents who will tell first-hand experiences about love and encouragement.
- kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem) First Nations Elder Marie Hooper
- Francesca Anatasi (business coach)
- Zeala Cortes (media consultant)
- Vishad Deeplaul (Tri-Cities United)
- Coun. Trish Mandewo (Coquitlam)
- Nihan Sevinc (communications)
Kanu Jacobsen, the event's host, explained the speaker series is meant to deliver "true, first-person" stories with community members looking to be inspired and uplifted.
Port Moody is set to be one of the first "Stories from the Heart" nights on the initiative's calendar, with other stops in the United States, including Arizona and Oklahoma, as well as Zimbabwe.
The speaker series is also donating partial proceeds from ticket sales to the Low Entropy Foundation in Port Coquitlam and Elder Marie, who's set to speak on the issues that impact the kʷikʷəƛ̓əm community.