There's been a slight uptick in regional school exposures to COVID-19 since last the Tri-City News last reported on the list.
As of this publication (Nov. 2), 13 schools are under the watchful eye of Fraser Health for an exposure event(s).
This means students and staff may have come into contact with someone who recently tested positive for the virus, and includes eight schools in Port Coquitlam, four in Coquitlam and one in Port Moody.
You can view the full list of school exposures at the bottom of this article.
There are three schools alerted for an exposure event as recently as last Tuesday (Oct. 26): Minnekhada Middle, Scott Creek Middle and Walton Elementary.
Each institution is a member of School District 43 (SD43).
If a Tri-City student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, public health says it follows rigorous steps as outlined below:
- Public health will investigate to determine if there were any potential close contacts within the school
- If it is determined that there are close contacts within the school, public health will notify the school administrators and request information to assist with contact tracing and provide guidance on what steps should be taken
- Public health may then:
- Recommend 14-day self-isolation if necessary
- Recommend self-monitoring for symptoms if necessary
- Provide follow-up recommendations if necessary
- Schools will ensure students who are required to self-isolate are able to continue their educational program. Together, schools and public health officials will determine if any other actions are necessary
- Parents, caregivers and families will be notified by public health if their child is determined to be a close contact of a COVID-19 positive person
Fraser Health adds if you don't receive a phone call or letter from public health, children can continue to go to school but they should also be monitored for COVID-19 symptoms daily.
COVID-19 SCHOOL EXPOSURES
- Meadowbrook Elementary: Oct. 19-20
- Walton Elementary: Oct. 25-26
- Scott Creek Middle: Oct. 25-26
- Pinetree Secondary: Oct. 19
- École des Pionniers de Maillardville (SD93): Oct. 19-20
- Archbishop Carney Regional Secondary (Independent): Oct. 19-20
- BC Christian Academy Elementary (Independent): Oct. 20-22
- James Park Elementary: Oct. 19-21
- Kilmer Elementary: Oct. 19
- Kwayhquitlum Middle: Oct. 19
- Maple Creek Middle: Oct. 19
- Minnekhada Middle: Oct. 25
- Moody Middle: Oct. 20-21