After making its public call — which included a deadline extension — the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce (TCCC) received several submissions for the 2021 business excellence awards.
Since Oct. 15, that list has been cut down to 94 businesses and non-profits across nine categories, including 29 for business of the year's three sub-categories.
The event is set to honour large, medium and small businesses in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody who've gone above and beyond — all while during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The TCCC explains a panel of judges is now set to reduce each list to up to five finalists, which will be formally announced in late November after examining each nomination form.
Each finalist will be informed and will be asked to complete a secondary submission package, the TCCC says.
"Once the packages have been completed and received, the second round of judging will commence with another independent panel of judges. Online voting will also be opened to the general public at this time."
Mary Hill Fit Body Boot Camp (Port Coquitlam) and Tri-Cities United are tied for the most nominations with four each.
A formal awards banquet is being tentatively set for Jan. 29, 2022.
For more information, you can visit the TCCC's website.
And the nominees are...
Business of the Year
- One to 10 employees
- Blue Mountain Autopro
- Bulging Gift Baskets Vancouver
- CIMMA, Canadian Immigration Access
- Eagle Ridge Physiotherapy
- From:Us Gifting Company
- Kaifko Creative
- Kintec Footwear and Orthotics
- Labour Rights Law Office
- Mary Hill Fit Body Boot Camp (4)
- Olive The Best
- Renata Steele RE/MAX City Realty
- Reveal Events Group Ltd. (2)
- Samantha's Cleaning Services (2)
- Squish Juicery (2)
- Tornado Potato BC
- Yoga Generation (2)
- 11 to 30 employees
- ADN Refrigeration Ltd. (2)
- Bump Physio and Co. (2)
- Doppio Zero Pizza
- Ethical Waste Services Ltd.
- Pacific Powertech Inc. (2)
- PlayWorks Physio
- Strive Health and Performance
- Westcoast SCI Physiotherapy (2)
- More than 30 employees
- All-Pro Services Ltd. (2)
- Big Hearts Home Care
- Cat and Fiddle Sports Bar and Restaurant
- Dominion Lending Centres
- Metro Motors Ltd.
Business Leader of the Year (in alphabetical order by first name)
- Cameron Hite, Pacific Powertech Inc.
- Claire MacLean, SHARE Family and Community Services Society
- Darrel Narayan, ADN Refrigeration Ltd.
- Erin Scarlett, The Fountainhead Network Coworking and Media Space (2)
- Fritz Radandt, Place Weave and Solve Now
- Gabriel Wong, Westcoast SCI Physiotherapy
- Haresh and Hema Bhatt, Natu'oil Services Inc.
- Ian Underwood, Ian Underwood Software Development
- Janice Boyle, Crossroads Hospice Society
- Jessica Morrison, Squish Juicery
- Joe Deobald, Full Frame Marketing Inc.
- Johann Contreras, Contreras Law (2)
- Jung Mi Hong, United Notary
- Kelly Raabe, Kelly Raabe Personal Real Estate Corporation
- Kyle O'Genski, Patina Brewing Co.
- Lisa van Reeuwyk, Bloom Business Development
- Louise Roberts, YWCA Metro Vancouver (2)
- Malik Malikzada, Jamila’s Kitchen and Grill
- Martin Baluch, Shack Shine
- Melanie Schroeder, Out of The Box Chartered Professional Accountant
- Moe Manavipour, Mary Hill Fit Body Boot Camp
- Najah Hage, YWCA Metro Vancouver
- Navid Morawej, Aultrust Financial Ltd. (2)
- Reza Jafari, Avrio Accounting Solutions Inc.
- Robert Jang, All-Pro Services Ltd.
- Sam Araki, ElementIQ
- Sarah Shon, K-Mom Doulas Inc.
Business Resiliency Award
- Blue Flame Software
- Bump Physio and Co.
- Butter Studios
- Cintel Business Solutions
- Coast Therapy Tri-Cities
- Coquitlam Florist
- Dr. Matthew S. Ng Inc.
- Draft Doctor
- John B Pub Ltd.
- Kaylin Lactin Wellness and Accountability Coaching
- Mary Hill Fit Body Boot Camp
- MPower Lives
- Oakwyn Realty Encore
- One Stop Party Rentals Ltd.
- Parkland Players Ltd.
- Profile Properties Ltd.
- Reveal Events Group Ltd.
- RVN Wellness (2)
- Safe Care Home Support
- Sessionwire Communications Inc.
- The Fountainhead Network Coworking and Media Space
- Tri-Cities Cleaning Services
Community Spirit Award
- Aultrust Financial Ltd.
- Cascadia Pacific Consulting
- COBS Bread Bakery Suter Brook
- Doughnut Love
- Fulfill Shoppe
- Genevieve Kyle - Lefebvre, Parent Talk Podcast and Tri-Cities United (4)
- HumanTalents Tech. Canada
- Juris Notary (2)
- KB Consulting
- Kirmac Collision and Automotive Collision Systems
- Mary Hill Fit Body Boot Camp
- Mindful Nourishment
- Parsa Pages
- Rags to Reaches Digital Marketing
- RVN Wellness
- Sandpiper Signs and Decals Inc.
- SBV Cleaning
- Shawna Comey, Tri-Cities United and WestCoast Family Centres Society
- Soroptimist International of the TriCities
- Tom Smith, Coquitlam Wellness Centre and Rocky Point CrossFit
- Tri-Cities United
- Tru Earth Environmental Products Inc. (2)
- Vishad Deeplaul, Backpack Buddies and Tri-Cities United
- WorkBC Tri-Cities (2)
Not-for-Profit of the Year
- ACCESS Youth Outreach Services Society
- Backpack Buddies (2)
- BC SPCA Tri-Cities Education and Adoption Centre
- Community Integration Services Society
- Community Ventures Society
- Coquitlam Public Library
- Talitha Koum Society
- The People's Pantry Food Recovery Society
- Tri-City Transitions Society
- WestCoast Family Centres Society (2)
- WorkBC Tri-Cities
Young Professional of the Year (in alphabetical order by first name)
- Amelia Powell, Delta Mei Skincare
- Amen Jlili, Blue Byte Systems Inc.
- Andy Le, 247 Server Tech
- Braidey Sturgeon, Estate Vision Inc.
- Dan Ferrato, Club Sweat Fitness
- Dylan Wilson, Wilson Media
- Estephania Solis, Alkehmia Synergetic Arts Experiencing
- Ivneet Bains, Math4me Learning Inc.
- Jeffrey Graham, First Oak Financial Inc.
- Johann Contreras, Contreras Law
- Kimiya Sabbaghan, Fulcrum Therapy
- Kira Johnson, Kira Johnson, eXp Realty
- Kyle Pettie, MNP LLP
- Maria Reynolds, Projects by Maria
- Mariko Baerg, Bridgewell Real Estate Group
- Paul Choi, Juris Notary
- Prestonne J Sehn, Yoga Generation
- Reza Ayoubi, House of Fades Barbershop
- Sabrina Smith, 247 Server Tech
- Samantha Lavoie, Samantha's Cleaning Services
- Tiaan Grimbeek, Top Notch Catering
Environmental Steward of the Year
- Live For Tomorrow (LFT) Group Brands Ltd.
- Tru Earth Environmental Products Inc.