Port Coquitlam real estate buyers are purchasing apartments and condos, and some are getting larger-than-expected units in established neighbourhoods.
Properties reported as sold in January, suggest attached homes in PoCo are more likely to be snapped up rather than single family homes.
Currently, there are no single family homes listed as sold since the end of December, but Zealty.ca has a mix of condos and apartments for a total of 10 properties with a sold sign.
Homes surveyed in this article range in size from 524 sq. ft. for an apartment that sold for $497,000 to $950,000 for a 1,982 sq-ft. apartment.
Townhomes, meanwhile, ranged in price from $595,000 for 1,071 sq. ft. to $999,900 for a townhouse sized at 2,124 sq. ft.
In all but one case out of four, homes sold for less than the 2022 assessed value.
Here are the most expensive and least expensive sold properties in Port Coquitlam.
Unit 322-2628 Maple St. (The Villagio)
- Price: Sold $950,000 (Original $975,000)
- Assessed value: $1,017,000
- Sold date: Dec. 29, 2022
- Days on market: 52 days
- Age: 15 years
- Features: Two bedrooms, two bathrooms 1,982 sq-ft. living space, and close to downtown, services, parks, transit and Coquitlam River.
- Listed by Royal LePage West Real Estate Services
Unit 615-2495 Wilson Ave. (Orchid Riverside Condos)
- Price: Sold $497,000 (Original 509,800)
- Assessed value: $474,000
- Sold date: Dec. 30, 2022
- Days on Market: 50 days
- Age: Seven years
- Features: One bedroom penthouse unit, 524 sq-ft. living space, vaulted ceilings, heated bathroom floors, en-suited bathroom, close to services, shops and transit
- Amenities include a sauna, yoga room and library/study
- Listed by Laboutique Realty
Unit 1-998 Riverside Dr. (Parkside Place)
- Price: Sold: $999,999 (Original $1,150,000)
- Assessed value: $1,142,000
- Sold date: Dec. 30, 2022
- Days on Market: 62 days
- Age: 27 years
- Features: 2,124 sq-ft. corner unit, three bedrooms, three bathrooms, formal dining room, living room, everyday family room, gas fireplace, double-door garage, five-foot tall crawl space, new furnace and AC
- Listed by Keller Williams Elite Realty
Unit 511-1661 Fraser Ave. (Brimley Mews)
- Price: Sold $595,000 (Original $620,000)
- Assessed value: $682,000
- Sold date: Dec. 21, 2022
- Days on Market: 15 days
- Age: 16 years old
- Features: 1,071 sq. ft., two bedrooms townhouse, two side-by-side parking stalls underground, a storage locker, bright and spacious open concept floor plan with lots of natural light, large kitchen that flows into a family room, and close to shops and McLean Park in the Glenwood neighbourhood
- Listed by RE/MAX 2000 Realty