Police have revealed a second residence is being searched in relation to the Trina Hunt investigation.
On Sunday, the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team revealed that it had search warrants for two residences, one in Port Moody and the other in Mission.
However, no arrests have been made and IHIT said no further information would be provided.
Investigation into Trina Hunt's homicide continues today. Search warrants for 2 residences were executed this weekend - one in Port Moody and the other in Mission. No arrests have been made. No further update at this time.— IHIT (@HomicideTeam) June 6, 2021
On Saturday, the Tri-City News reported that Trina Hunt’s Port Moody home had been taped off and police were on the scene.
Posts on social media are also indicating a makeshift memorial created to honour the 48-year-old was removed from the home earlier this week.
The vigil for #trinahunt has been entirely removed from her front yard by husband Iain and his father.— lindsay🌋 (@LindsayDianne) June 2, 2021
We will not forget or give up finding justice for Trina's lost life.#portmoody #yvr #ihit #murder #bc pic.twitter.com/BdLIXeVSJK
This update comes days after four members of Hunt's family made an enticing appeal to the public in hoping someone who know's something will come forward.
Hunt's parents — Charles and Dianna Ibbott — as well her brother and sister-in-law, are offering a $50,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and subsequent charges in her murder.
It’s now been more than a month since the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) announced her remains were found south of Silver Creek near Hope, B.C. on March 29.
She was originally reported missing on Jan. 18 by Port Moody police.
The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) had no new information to share with the public this week, though spokesperson Sgt. Frank Jang said the case is 'progressing.'
Hunt’s family also issued a public plea to coincide with the reward.
To the community, they stated they're grateful for the support and will continue to fight for answers to the 48-year-old’s death.
To the person(s) responsible, the family urges them to come forward and “take responsibility.”
“You have senselessly taken Trina’s life and have ruined so many others. Own up to your actions and accept the consequences. It’s the least you can do.”
You can watch the full statement in the video below, read by family spokesperson Stephanie Ibbott.