Not much has changed in terms of finding the best value for your dollar at the gas pump.
Port Coquitlam's Costco gas bar (2370 Ottawa St.) is still offering the cheapest fuel available at 185.9 cents a litre, according to GasBuddy.com, which is the same as it was last Friday (Sept. 9).
It's also the second least expensive station in the Metro Vancouver area, with Delta's River Road Husky stop offering 184.9 a litre.
However, the next lowest available price is above 190 cents per litre at most outlets across Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody.
You can view the Tri-Cities top 10 cheapest gas prices below.
Tri-Cities families might soon be receiving a cheque in the mail as early as the first week of October in providing some relief during the current global inflation, which includes higher than normal gas prices.
Last Wednesday (Sept. 7), Premier John Horgan unveiled $600 million for the province to provide up to $760 to qualifying families and to cap rent increases.
The measures also include a one-time increase next month to the Climate Action Tax Credit for low- and moderate-income earners, an increase January through March to the B.C. Family Benefit, and a two per cent cap on rent hikes in 2023.
"We've been experiencing unprecedented inflation, not just here in British Columbia, but indeed internationally," Horgan said.
"Families are seeing it in the grocery store, we certainly see it at the pumps, where we've seen a 35-cent [uptick] in gas prices and still they remain unacceptably high for most British Columbians."
The pandemic and war in Ukraine have "put us all collectively in a difficult spot," he said.
B.C. residents do not need to apply for the enhanced Climate Action Tax Credit and B.C. Family Benefit — if their income-tax filing is up to date, they will automatically receive the temporary increases.
Meanwhile, you'll end up losing fuel to buy B.C.'s cheapest option.
The province's top 10 lowest prices are all in the Okanagan region, with Enderby's Tempo (895 Mabel Lake Rd.) and Salmon Arm's Super Save (50 3rd St. NW) offering 152.9 cents per litre at the pump.
Tri-Cities' top 10 cheap fuel prices
The following prices are the best available in the Tri-Cities as of 4 p.m. today:
- 185.9/L @ Costco gas bar (Port Coquitlam)
- 191.1/L @ Petro-Canada (1401 Johnson St., Coquitlam)
- 191.1/L @ Petro-Canada (829 Brunette Ave., Coquitlam)
- 191.1/L @ Shell (3051 Lougheed Hwy., Coquitlam)
- 191.1/L @ Chevron (2525 Shaughnessy St., Port Coquitlam)
- 191.1/L @ Mobil and Real Canadian Superstore (1301 Lougheed Hwy., Coquitlam)
- 191.1/L @ Esso and Smart Shop (1707 Austin Ave., Coquitlam)
- 191.1/L @ Chevron (1320 Kingsway Ave., Port Coquitlam)
- 191.1/L @ Chevron (2705 Lougheed Hwy., Port Coquitlam)
- 193.1/L @ Esso and 7-Eleven (103 Ioco Rd., Port Moody)
- with files from Cindy E. Harnett, Times Colonist