Coquitlam RCMP investigating PoCo home invasion Aug. 1

The incident occurred in the 1500-block of Elinor Crescent

Coquitlam RCMP is investigating a home invasion that occurred in Port Coquitlam earlier this month.

The Mounties did not issue a press release after the attack and were tight-lipped Tuesday when contacted by The Tri-City News about the incident, which occurred in the 1500-block of Elinor Crescent at around 2:30 a.m. Aug. 1.

article continues below

"It is actively being investigated at this time," said RCMP Const. Jenifer Barker.

Police could not confirm how many suspects were involved in the incident or whether weapons were used in the commission of the home invasion. Barker noted that the watch commander overseeing the file was scheduled to work tomorrow and that more information could be available then.

Investigators were seen canvassing the neighbourhood shortly after the incident and several residents took to the Mary Hill Safe Streets Facebook page to post what they saw.

"Police just showed up banging on my door," Tamara Overbye wrote the next morning. "Apparently, there was a major incident and they needed to see my [security] cameras (which unfortunately don't capture the laneway)."

"They just came to my house as well," added Alicia Hokins-Grotke. "They said it happened further down the lane to the north of the entrance."

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Tri-City News

Tri-City News POLL

Should voting in Canadian federal and provincial elections be made mandatory?

or  view results