Volunteers are needed to join the city of Coquitlam's advisory committees next year.
According to a press release, the input residents provide helps shape city policy and gives volunteers a unique opportunity to share their experiences and expertise with municipal staff.
In 2019, participants are being sought for the:
• Culture Services Advisory Committee;
• Economic Development Advisory Committee;
• Multiculturalism Advisory Committee;
• Riverview Lands Advisory Committee;
• Sports Advisory Committee;
• Sustainability and Environmental Advisory Committee;
• and the Universal Access-Ability Advisory Committee.
Residents interested in joining a committee must live in the municipality and should be prepared to serve the full term between January and December 2019. Meetings are typically held on a monthly or bi-monthly basis and take place on a weekday evening.
Application packages can be found online at www.coquitlam.ca/acv2019 or picked up at Coquitalm City Hall (City Clerk's Office, 2nd floor, 3000 Guildford Way). The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 30.
• For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-927-3026.