Port Coquitlam man facing gun charges in Prairie Avenue incident

A 51-year-old was arrested following an incident that shut down Prairie Avenue for several hours last week

A Port Coquitlam man is facing multiple firearms charges related to an incident that shut down Prairie Avenue for several hours last week.

The 51-year-old, who police said does not have have a significant criminal history, was taken into custody Wednesday after police surrounded a home in the 600-block of the street. 

article continues below

"The suspect was alone in the house at the time," the Coquitlam RCMP said in a press release Monday. "He was arrested with the help of the Lower Mainland Emergency Response Team and nobody was hurt."

Mounties added that the suspect has been released with conditions and will appear in court on July 9.

Police were on the scene at approximately 5 p.m. last week and quickly closed a portion of Prairie Avenue between Fremont street and Burns Road. By 11:30 p.m., the road had re-opened. 

 

 

 

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Tri-City News

Tri-City News POLL

Should Canada look at opening the border with the U.S. in the next few weeks?

or  view results