Letter: Kudos for radioactive gas testing

The Editor,

Re. "Burke Mountain urged to take action on radioactive gas" (tricitynews.com, Oct. 25).

article continues below

Congratulations to Burke Mountain for becoming one of Canada's 100 Radon Test Kit Challenge communities for this year. Radon is a serious but under-appreciated health threat in Canada and exposure over time can lead to lung cancer.

Because radon is an invisible, odourless, radioactive gas, the only way to know if radon is in your home is to test. The challenge program means that 100 Burke Mountain residents will have easy access to free test kits and more information about how to keep radon levels low indoors. Kudos to those who took the steps to make this happen.

Anne-Marie Nicol, Vancouver

Read Related Topics

© Copyright Tri-City News

Tri-City News POLL

Should the feds change the commercial rent subsidy so it’s not up to landlords to apply?

or  view results